PORTLAND SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE 17925 SE DIVISION ST 97236
The Portland Social Security office offers services provided by the Social Security Administration such as disability benefits information and resources (SSDI), SSI, retirement benefits, prescription benefits and many more.
Below is the contact information for the local Portland Social Security office in Oregon.
Portland OR Social Security Administration (SSA) Office Location
Portland, OR 97236
What Are The Portland OR Social Security Office Hours?
Office Hours Notice: Beginning Wednesday, January 2, 2013, offices close at noon on Wednesdays to the public. You should call the Portland Social Security office ahead of time to verify their hours of operations.
Monday: 09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Tuesday: 09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Wednesday: 09:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Thursday: 09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Friday: 09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Average Google Rating for the Social Security Office located at 17925 SE DIVISION ST in Portland, OR 97236: Rated 2.8/5 based on 5 customer reviews
Google Reviews for the Social Security Disability Office located at 17925 SE DIVISION ST in Portland, OR 97236:
- 1/5 stars Parking is packed, especially with those horrible parking job's in some cases. Definitely not enough disability parking. Some workers are jaded. Most of all the phone BOT is very poor customer service. Waiting just for no one to answer and Auto BOT disconnect my call more than once. by Kae Foo, Written on June 28, 2018
- 3/5 stars So here's a useful lesson: when pepple complain about the constantly overfilled parking space, the crowded waiting room and the long waits what they're really seeing is "Small Government." This is what "slimming down the government" means: make all the services worse so you'll get upset when you need to use them. See once you've felt that the odds are good you'll further vote for funding cuts against "government waste," that you'll vote for "increased accountability" which here means more pressure to work harder on a too-small staff which makes their lives worse, and you'll be easier to provoke into being angry about "non-Americans taking your benefits." (here's a spoiler: 99% of anyone in there waiting to get help is an American; ask the door guard. He's a Marine vet by the way, this kind of work is some of the best a veteran can get and they also get preferenced for hire and of course are eliminated when "slimming down", and he'll tell it to you straight.) So that's what's up. Protect your benefits or expect to lose them. And your parking space. by Beretta 249, Written on May 11, 2018
- 1/5 stars One of the worst public offices. They talk down to you, are rude, and disrespectful! You would think that My SS Money that I payed into was actually coming out of there personal account! And if you are a US CITIZEN that was born in another country because your parents were working for the Military. You can forget about ever getting a SS car!!!😡 Aparently they want the parents to apply for it before age 5? Why does a child need a SS number? When they don't work and aren't on SS services? Ridiculous!!! Another interesting Fact. The first person you have an interview decides what type of Documents they expect you to find. At 31 your suposto know every place you've EVER lived in your entire life? Have Transcripts from every school you've ever attended? Have your Birth certificate, which is reasonable. Photo ID. US Passport. We have the Birth certificate from a foreign country, US Passport, transcrips for a couple years abroad, transcrips from a couple years in the us. A forien Drivers license that recently expired from the same country the Birth Certificate came from. And this is NOT enough!!! They have a problem with names. If your from a Latin country you have 4 names. First name, Middle name, Maiden name, and Last name. In USA they only give you 3 spaces to put your name. Aparently this makes it too confusing for the ignorant US staff to figure out! Even with the Thousands of Latinos that have come into this country yearly. My son is 6'4", Blonde hair, Blue eyes, Light skined, and speeks English. Everything is wrong with this system!? Im so disgusted with these ignorant, uneducated, predugest people. If anyone should be charged with profiling its them! signed by... WHITE US CITIZEN FROM the STATES by marie donily, Written on April 16, 2018
- 5/5 stars Excellent, quick, cheerful, professional customer service! I arrived an hour before closing time as a walk-in, pretty good crowd, too, and left in less than half an hour. The armed guard at the door was extremely helpful, a great listener, directed me to the check-in kiosk, where I got my number. Nice environment, lots of parking. by Christopher Springmann, Written on September 5, 2017
- 5/5 stars They are very private with people's info by Andrea Smith, Written on July 10, 2018
The local Portland Social Security disability office provides information about applying for disability benefits in Portland, OR as well as other services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
You can also consult with a local Portland disability lawyer to help you file for disability or appeal a Social Security benefits denial in Portland if your Social Security disability application was denied.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the local phone number for the Portland Social Security Office?
- What services does the Portland Social Security Office provide?
- How do I apply for a new or replacement Social Security Number (SSN)?
- How do I schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment at the Portland Social Security Office?