ALBUQUERQUE SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE 500 LEAD AVE SW 87102
The Albuquerque Social Security office offers services provided by the Social Security Administration such as disability benefits information and resources (SSDI), SSI, retirement benefits, prescription benefits and many more.
Below is the contact information for the local Albuquerque Social Security office in New Mexico.
Albuquerque NM Social Security Administration (SSA) Office Location
Albuquerque, NM 87102
What Are The Albuquerque NM Social Security Office Hours?
Office Hours Notice: Beginning Wednesday, January 2, 2013, offices close at noon on Wednesdays to the public. You should call the Albuquerque Social Security office ahead of time to verify their hours of operations.
Monday: 09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Tuesday: 09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Wednesday: 09:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Thursday: 09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Friday: 09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Average Google Rating for the Social Security Office located at 500 LEAD AVE SW in Albuquerque, NM 87102: Rated 3.1/5 based on 5 customer reviews
Google Reviews for the Social Security Disability Office located at 500 LEAD AVE SW in Albuquerque, NM 87102:
- 5/5 stars We took the bus to the SSA downtown, and after going through security, we weren't there for more than 20 minutes. Security was fast and courteous and professional, the woman who helped us was fast, courteous and professional, and everything went smoothly and quickly. I wasn't sure about the new offices, I had heard they were smaller, but we discovered they have a lot more windows and that makes for a lot less waiting. It was a very positive experience, and compares very favorably with the old building which had far fewer windows. Thank you SSA and staff! Update: we went back to the SSA in 2018, two years after our original visit, and it took little time to get through security and a short wait before we saw someone at a window, despite the fact that there were a lot more people this time around. The "new" place remains a vast improvement over the old. by Robert Bruce Jackson Caruthers, Written on August 14, 2018
- 3/5 stars Went to get a replacement SSN card for my son. It was somewhat fast considering the amount of people that were there. I got what I needed and was on my way in about 30 mins. But I will say that the employees all look they were having the worst day of their lives. Not one person smiled, told you hi or anything. I understand that it must be a very hard job, and they take a lot of abuse from customers. But that does not make it ok to be rude. by miranda montoya, Written on August 8, 2018
- 1/5 stars If i could give them no stars I would. Completely rude staff (security), who think their watching fort Knox. I complete their screening, they didn't do to anyone else. Than I ask why and they kick me out. And start trying to bait me to threaten them. I reported them so we will see how that goes. But they're sercuity is apd, or the federal apd they supportable think they are hahaha. Should have guess. Worthless leadership, poor training, and even more pathetic people. As far as the actually staff behind the desk, wouldn't know. They kicked me out for no reason but asking a question. by Joe Duckett, Written on July 20, 2018
- 5/5 stars Excellent service, well organized office, positive treatment. They process hundreds of cases daily, so it is commendable how smoothly this happens. by Niame Adele, Written on April 23, 2018
- 5/5 stars As a federal agency it is rated one of the top three and customer service by Norman Smith, Written on July 31, 2018
The local Albuquerque Social Security disability office provides information about applying for disability benefits in Albuquerque, NM as well as other services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
You can also consult with a local Albuquerque disability lawyer to help you file for disability or appeal a Social Security benefits denial in Albuquerque if your Social Security disability application was denied.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the local phone number for the Albuquerque Social Security Office?
- What services does the Albuquerque Social Security Office provide?
- How do I apply for a new or replacement Social Security Number (SSN)?
- How do I schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment at the Albuquerque Social Security Office?